Culinary World Tour (Kids Cooking Course)
Held during the Singapore school holidays, your child will go on a 'world tour' to learn all about a country's cuisine, cooking techniques and appreciation of its unique taste profiles.
The countries your child could 'visit' include:
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN
- Introduction to the country's eating styles and habits, and commonly-used ingredients
Cooking techniques unique and commonly used in the country
Ingredient and taste profiling
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL EXPERIENCE
- A tour of the local wet market to purchase fresh ingredients (selected classes)
- Learning to cook 3 symbolic dishes of the country
- Hands-on kitchen experience
- A visit to our kitchen garden to understand how fresh herbs grow
Dégustation of what he/she has cooked
- A jar of ingredients and recipe sheets to bring home
(for actual schedule, kindly refer to our homepage a month before the school holidays begin. This course is available during the March, June, September and December MOE school holidays)
This program is suitable for children between 7 and 16 years of age.
Some of the dishes we will make may contain allergens such as nuts, eggs, milk, meat and seafood. Parents who are concerned must let us know of any allergies and are required to sign an indemnity form before the class commences.
Your child will be sampling the food they cook along the way. However, meals are not provided at these sessions